A painting workshop with Michelle Gilks at the Blue Gum Community Centre, Brentwood
Sunday 15th March, 2020
9:30am – 2pm
Function Room, Blue Gum Community Centre
27 Moolyeen Road, Brentwood, WA 6153
- How to layer acrylic paint on watercolour paper to provide an interesting base on which to paint.
- Choosing the most important lines to draw to represent your chosen plant
- A simple technique to ensure an interesting composition
- Using blank areas of paint to focus the eye
- Using coloured pencils for shading, depth and additional colour
Suitable for any person over 15 years with a desire to create. All skill levels welcome. Tuition will include demonstrating of techniques to the group and one on one teaching moments. Whether you paint regularly, or are having a painting adventure for the first time, everyone will be catered for.
Michelle will bring a selection of botanical photographs to work from, so each participant will be able to create their own unique artwork. You are of course welcome to bring your own reference pictures if you choose to. If drawing is not your strength, this is no barrier at all. You can choose to use a simple image transfer technique that Michelle will provide.
Each participant will take home a completed painting on thick watercolour paper and memories of a fun, productive day!
Visit the booking page for more details and to secure your place: